Statement of Use and Takedown Policy
Digital Collections Statement of Use
The Loyola Notre Dame Library makes digital collections available for use in the following situations:
- They are in the public domain
- The rights are owned by Loyola Notre Dame Library
- Loyola Notre Dame Library has permission to make them accessible
- Loyola Notre Dame Library makes them accessible in accordance with the principles of fair use
- There are no known restrictions on use
- We are not able to confirm that they are subject to copyright, and are unable to discern any substantial risk of copyright infringement, privacy concerns or other objections to disseminating them
The Loyola Notre Dame Library makes the best effort to adhere to all known copyright and rights of privacy, publicity, or trademark of these materials. We are eager to hear from any rights owners, so that we may obtain the most accurate information. If you own copyright to materials and feel you have not been properly identified, we ask that you immediately contact Loyola Notre Dame Library to help us update our records and online holdings.
Requests for removal should be directed to:
Head of Archives and Special Collections
Loyola Notre Dame Library
200 Winston Ave. Baltimore, MD 21212
Your inquiry should include the name and URL of the item or items to be removed, the reason for the removal request, and explanation of any claims to rights for the material. The Head of Archives and Special Collections, in consultation with Loyola Notre Dame Library staff and other appropriate members of the campus community, will review the request for just cause. Upon determination of just cause, the item or items in question will be removed from public view until the request is resolved. After the review process is complete, the Head of Archives and Special Collections will communicate the decision to the individual making the request.